The well known Tiong Bahru Market began in 1951 as Seng Poh Road Market. Bacl then it was just “a simple wooden structure with zinc pitched roof”. The market was constructed to accomodate a big number of street hawkers who had supplied the fastly growing community of Tiong Bahru. Since the 1970s, the market and food court had been come to known by its traditional foods, “specialising in Chinese breakfast foods and local specialities”. The market had dishes which were not known as the “normal market breakfast repertoire" like the Cantonese chee cheong fun and wu thow kou.
30, SENG POH ROAD, 168898
SENG POH ROAD
Blk 18(10141), Blk 1(10149), Blk 55(06051), Blk 2B(06071)
Alight at Tiong Bahru Station on the Green line MRT, and walk 12 minutes to destiation. Alternatively, take bus 5,16,33,63,851 to Blk 1 stop and walk 5 minutes to destination.